Online voting has now ended, and the results are in!
The Community Excellence Award is the League’s most prestigious community award.
We love where you live! Every day, we see the amazing creativity of our members as you search for new and better ways to make vibrant communities for your residents. From small villages to big cities, you have exhibited great resourcefulness in many arenas. Vacant buildings have sprung to life with imaginative new uses. Waterfront and water treatment challenges have been met with inventive solutions. And residents’ social and cultural needs have received an artistic touch.
That’s why we developed the Community Excellence Award (CEA) in 2007 – so we could honor and celebrate the innovative placemaking programs and projects in communities all across the state. We want everyone to know about the wonderful work going on in Michigan cities and towns and feel inspired to do great things in their own places.
NEW THIS YEAR – No Categories!
Suggested topics for project entries include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Civic Engagement* – encouraging and providing unique ways for citizens to participate in the development and improvement of their community
- Innovative Delivery of Services – providing residents with city services in new and different ways
- Intergovernmental Cooperation – partnering with neighboring communities to combine services in order to save money and improve performance
- Placemaking* - developing a community’s place-based assets to attract and retain talent, residents, and businesses
- Redevelopment – creating new and better uses for existing properties
* For more details on civic engagement and placemaking, along with examples in Michigan communities, please visit placemaking.mml.org/how-to